Yoga Integrated Science is a yoga studio and teacher training school designed to educate teachers and students alike in the practice of Yoga.
This program will cover:
- the origins of Hatha Yoga
- historical and scientific information on flexibility and range of motion
- structural anatomy and basic mechanics of lower body, trunk and spine, upper body and cervical regions of the body
- a comprehensive analysis of various applicable Hatha Yoga Poses
Level One will also include:
- an introduction to the science of adjusting
- how to incorporate yoga props, yoga philosophy and ethics
- pranayama/ breathing techniques and meditation
- general sequencing techniques
- the business of Yoga
- a daily yoga practice.
Several of the most influential Yoga Styles will be introduced, analyzed, and directly experienced. 300 and 500 hour courses are also available.
The creator of Yoga Integrated Science, Lauren Eirk,MS has spent her life teaching and studying in the health, fitness, and yoga communities, learning from some of the top minds of our time. Lauren is a Certified E-RYT 500 Level Registered Yoga instructor, a Mastery Level Muscle Activation Techniques™ Specialist, the first female MAT Jump Start Instructor, a Mastery Level Resistance Training Specialist® and a . She is the recipient of the ECA OBOW Award 2007 “Most Mindful Program” Award.
Lauren’s work has been featured in such magazines as Yoga Journal®, Self®, IDEA® Fitness Journal, Fitness First Quarterly Magazine, AKWA Aquatic Exercise Magazine, and New Woman Magazine. Lauren has presented in such conferences as IDEA World, IDEA Personal Trainer, Inner IDEA, FACT, AFPA, DCAC Houston and DCAC International, IAFC, ECA, and Sara’s City Workout.
Also teaching: Donna O’Bryan M.Ed licensed HeartMath® provider and Yoga Interactive Therapist with over 35 years of teaching experience, specializing in Biofeedback, meditation, and stress management.
The Yoga Integrated Science 200 Hour Program, the only 200 hour Registered Yoga School with well over 80 hours devoted to biomechanics, anatomy, and neurophysiology, is comprised of six courses all approved to meet the Yoga Alliance 200 hour requirements.