This RYS 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course is for anyone who wants to learn about the system of Yoga to deepen their practice or become a certified yoga instructor.
Do you love yoga? Learn to teach!
Help others experience the healing properties hidden within themselves by teaching yoga.
Yoga I.S.® 200 hour graduates are among the best in their field.
Yoga Integrated Science will teach you HOW to teach. Learn to communicate with other health professionals, as Yoga Therapy is being prescribed more and more as an alternative to traditional medical care.
Many Yoga Teachers go through a teacher training program and NEVER find work.
So many new yoga teachers are ill-prepared to work with the many types of special student populations due to a lack of anatomical knowledge, class design, and leadership ability. Yoga Integrated Science teacher training programs are based in anatomy and bio-mechanics. You will gain an understanding of how the body works and of how yoga poses can influence the body in different ways.
“I loved the mix of strong science, evidence based information and experiential learning.” RYS 2013 Louisville Graduate
Kathy Kelley Scheen- 2018 Graduate
“Yoga I.S. has changed the way I train my clients and given me the tools to help a wider variety of people” RYS Virginia 2013 Graduate
About the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
This anatomy based Yoga Integrated Science 200 hour yoga teacher training program is composed of seven, two and 3 day weekend courses that meet once a month. The program consists of classroom lecture, studio practice and online reading and homework assignments.
This program is approved to meet the Yoga Alliance 200 hour requirements. Our yoga teacher training program is perfect for anyone who wants to become a certified yoga instructor. This program is also great for anyone who wants to learn about the system of Yoga to deepen their own personal practice.
The 200 hour Teacher Training program will cover:
- the origins of Hatha Yoga
- historical and scientific information on flexibility and range of motion
- structural anatomy and basic mechanics of lower body, trunk and spine, upper body and cervical regions
- comprehensive analysis of various applicable Hatha Yoga Poses.
- introduction to the science of adjusting and how to incorporate yoga props
- yoga philosophy and ethics
- pranayama/ breathing techniques
- general sequencing techniques
- the business of Yoga
- daily yoga practice and studio membership
- Several of the most influential Yoga Styles and methods will be introduced, analyzed, and directly experienced.
Yoga I.S® 200-RYT teacher training program requirements:
a. All 7 weekends of the 200-hour coursework be attended and completed
Note: What if you cannot attend one of the classes?
- You may take this weekend with the next group of 200 hour students to make up the work
- You may get private tutoring (fees for private tutoring will apply and vary by instructor and individual weekend requirements)
b. Submission of required readings, class observations, class instruction, papers, and journal entries. These assignments will be graded according to a point scale. Review the required readings text list
c. Students are required to attend at least 2 classes a week to help familiarize you with our methodology and terminology in practice. (note: out-of-town students will be logging studio class hours as well)
d. Attendance, participation, and group discussion is paramount towards the student’s understanding of the material.
* Each day includes a group class practice for at least one hour. Lunch is normally from 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Class 1: Yoga Foundation | 2 days Saturday- Sunday 9:30 am-5:00 pm
- Class 2: Science of Flexibility | 2 days Saturday- Sunday 9:30 am-5:30 pm
- Class 3: Essential Biomechanics of Hatha Yoga | 3 days Friday-Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Class 4: Core Yoga and Vinyasa | 3 days Friday-Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Class 5: Science of Aging and Wellness | 3 days Friday – Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Class 6: Align and Restore | 3 days Friday – Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
- Class 7: Meditation, Methodology, and Management | 3 days Friday- Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
All applications are subject to approval. Course content is proprietary and only for use by students with express permission from Yoga Integrated Science instructors. Visit the Yoga Alliance website for more information on how to become a registered yoga teacher once your training is complete.