Mindfulness is Medicine | 300 Hour Teacher Training Program
November 17 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm$115
In this workshop, you will learn to-
- Mobilize your inner resources for promoting optimum health and healing
- Use non-drug approaches to manage stress-related chronic conditions
- Promote resilience and prevent burnout
- Practice a portable toolkit of self-care approaches for preventive lifestyle medicine
- Explore your life’s deepest values, meaning and purpose
- Cultivate happiness and compassion
- Relax the body, quiet the mind and open the heart
Skills you will learn include-
Gentle mindful yoga postures (no yoga experience required),
iRest Yoga Nidra,
Mindful awareness of sitting, breathing, moving, eating, speaking, listening, sense perceptions and the richness of the present moment.
About John Patterson, MD, MSPH FAAFP
John A. Patterson MD joins the Yoga I.S.® Teacher Training faculty as a guest speaker in our 300 hour program. He is board certified in Family Medicine and Integrative Holistic Medicine. He is certified by the Physician Coaching Institute. He is a faculty member UK Department of Family and Community Medicine, Saybrook College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences (Oakland CA) and the Center for Mind Body Medicine (Washington DC). He is certified in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) by the Center for Mindfulness at U Mass Medical Center. Dr. Patterson is a Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT) and Integrative Restoration Institute (iRest Yoga Nidra).