- This event has passed.
Humane Society Yoga
December 29, 2015 @ 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm
We love animals at Yoga Integrated Science! This yoga class is offered the LAST Tuesday of every month and is our way of living our yoga, giving back to the community.
This free yoga class is by a tax-deductible donation only. Each month, all class donations will be given to the Kentucky Humane Society to help homeless and sick animals to find homes and get medical attention. We are partners of this organization and want to do all we can to support their work. We recommend bringing a donation worth at least $15.
Find our events advertised on the Kentucky Humane Society’s Facebook page and make sure to like them! The amount of animals that this local, non-profit organization deals with is absolutely overwhelming.
To help, you may bring items with you to class from their wish list (or see below) and we will get them to the Humane Society for you, or you may bring a charitable donation to class.
Sign-up is free. Cash or check preferred for all donations.
Share in the gift of yoga while helping our four-legged friends!
Humane Society Wish List:
- Blankets, sheets, towels, pet beds and comforters (clean, gently used)
- Heating pads (electric and microwavable) and SnuggleSafe Microwavable Bed Warmers
- Interactive DVDs for dogs
- Bandana fabric and dog hair bows
- Paper towel and toilet paper rolls (to make enrichment toys for pets)
- Kuranda beds
- Cat food (dry and canned)
- Paper food trays for cat feeding time. (Example here: http://tinyurl.com/ltheycg)
- Cat litter (non-clumping)
- Uncovered plastic litter boxes
- Cat toys, including pipe cleaners, cat wands, feathers and paper bags
- Cat tunnels
- Cat nail clippers
- Cat harnesses and leashes
- Scratching posts
- Kitten bottles/nipples and KMR (kitten milk replacer) formula
- Wild bird seed (for our bird feeder outside the cat colonies, which the cats love to watch!)
- Disposable litter boxes for training room activities
- Dog crates (large plastic and wire)
- Temporary metal fencing for both large dogs and puppy play pens
- Dog food (canned only)
- Dog toys (durable, non-plush), Nylabones and puzzle toys with stuffers such as peanut butter and Cheese Whiz
- Dog treats (soft only, please; no rawhides), including Vienna sausages, Natural Balance dog food rolls, meat-flavored baby food, canned chicken in watter, canned tuna in water and canned squirt cheese
- Puppy training pads for office fosters
- Dog/Puppy gates for offices
- Small brown-paper lunch bags (used for enrichment)
- Clothes washer and dryer (please call to arrange delivery)
- Laundry detergent
- Disinfectant (aerosol cans)
- Paper towels (multi-packs, if possible)
- Digital cameras (new and gently used)
- Outdoor storage closets
- Contractor-grade hoses (75 foot and 100 foot)
- Zip-close sandwich bags
- Plastic bags (from trips to Kroger, Target, etc.)
- Feeders Supply Gift Cards