We are all aging. How are you going to age? Some things are left up to our DNA but many aspects of aging as well as the rate of decline of aging are up to YOU.
In this workshop, learn about some of the current research on aging and wellness. Loss of muscle, loss of bone, loss of range of motion, and loss of fitness are some of the cornerstones of the aging process. When we neglect to take care of our bodies, we will experience a loss of mental clarity and overall well-being. This is your one body! Learn to take care of it and love it!
In this workshop you will get information about
- What causes bone to change over time
- What areas of the body lose bone density the quickest and why
- Why we lose range of motion in our joints as we age
- Facts about muscle and muscle function that include simple exercises to improve strength
- Information about the revolutionary Muscle Activation Techniques™ that we offer at Yoga I.S. ® plus the personal training philosophies & methodologies that our trainers use at Yoga I.S.®
- Learn why the Yoga I.S. ® method can give you unbelievable strength and neuromuscular control with group yoga and Pilates exercises that anyone can do.
- Hear client success stories about people who have taken back their life
All participants will receive handouts and take-home exercises plus two complimentary classes at Yoga I.S. of your choice to be redeemed at your leisure.
Aging Gracefully Workshop
About Lauren Eirk, M.S., Founder of the Yoga Integrated Science™ Wellness Studio
Lauren is a certified E-RYT 500 level Yoga Instructor with Yoga Alliance® with over 30 years of teaching experience. A Yoga Alliance® Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), she is the developer of the 200 Hour RYT training program, 300-Hour RYT Advanced Biomechanics of Hatha Yoga Programs, and the Yoga I.S. Mechanix™ program for her 500 hour Registered Hatha Yoga School Yoga Integrated Science™. Lauren is Mastery Level Muscle Activation Techniques™ Certified Specialist and one of 57 Certified MATRx Full-Body Specialists worldwide. Lauren is in the application process with IAYT (International Association for Yoga Therapy) for the CYT, Certified Yoga Therapist credential. She is an MAT Jump Start Instructor, a Mastery Level Resistance Training Specialist®, certified personal trainer, and an International Continuing Education Provider. Lauren teaches in the Yoga I.S. Louisville Studio and is the director of the 500+ hour RYS Teacher Training Program. She is available for Personal Training, MAT, and Yoga Therapy and has the ability to work with individuals from a variety of ages with specific fitness goals .