Advanced Biomechanics of Hatha Yoga: Lower Body | 300 Hour Teacher Training Program
September 7 - September 9$560
This 3 day advanced workshop on the lower body anatomy is required content for the 300 hour Yoga Integrated Science Teacher Training Program.
This class is also appropriate for anyone interested in learning more about the anatomy of the lower body.
This weekend we will build upon your understanding of lower body anatomy. We will be focusing on biomechanics and how traditional Hatha Yoga poses impact the body.
Students will be exploring course material through hands on tutorials. Expect to spend time both on the mat and in the classroom. There will also be additional opportunities to observe or participate in studio classes to further reinforce the material.
- Gain a basic understanding of the anatomy of the lower body.
- Understand the function of lower body muscles.
- Be able to explain the relevance of joint mechanics when teaching and practicing yoga.
- Understand how, why and when to apply specific range of motion evaluations for the lower body to yoga poses.
- Learn how to cue modifications and adjustments for an entire group and individual clients.
- Discuss how and why group and individual cues are different.
- Explore why standing poses may not be the most “functional” for a beginning student to start with.
- Identify, discuss and cue therapeutic applications for common hip, knee, ankle and foot ailments.
- Practice application techniques for one-on-one clients or group settings.
300 Level Teacher Training Program
Advanced Biomechanics of Hatha Yoga: Lower Body
Friday, 09/07/2018 – 9:30am-5:30pm
Saturday, 9/08/2018 – 9:30am-5:30pm
Sunday, 09/09/18 – 9:30-5:30pm
28 Credit Hours- Required Course